WHITEFISH MARATHON F.A.Q.s
May 16, 2020
All races will start together at 8:00 am
All races will start and finish at Whitefish Depot Park.
Depot Park is located on the north side of Whitefish, Montana at 510 Railway St, Whitefish, MT 59937 Parking is available in any of the public parking lots in downtown Whitefish. Please be courteous of local businesses and do not park at Marcus Foods.
- Full Marathon is 7 hours
- Half Marathon is 4.5 hours
Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. The good news is The Wave is a 501(c)(3) corporation, and because we are donating 100% of your entry fee to The Wave Scholarship Fund, your entry fee is tax deductible.
It is the wild west but no, we will not shoot you. If you want to run, please register. It's just not fair to the other runners and our volunteers.
- Friday, May 15: 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM at The Wave (1250 Baker Ave, Whitefish, MT 59937)
- Saturday, May 16: 6:30 - 7:45 AM at Depot Park (510 Railway St, Whitefish, MT 59937)
We average an aid station every 3-4 miles.
What to expect on the course: The roads will be open to traffic so please use caution while running. However, Volunteers will be placed at strategic locations along the course and they will help guide you on when to cross certain roads. The course is well marked with chalk paint on the road and Whitefish Marathon directional signage.
Yes, photographers will be traveling the course and one will be stationed at the finish line.
There are many great places to view the race. Please be careful when driving the course. Be respectful of all racers on road.
Awards to be presented in front of the Beer Garden in Depot Park and will award the following:
- Top 3 overall female and male in the marathon, half marathon and 5K
- Age group winners in the marathon, half marathon and 5K for both genders in 10-year age divisions
Award Presentation approximate times are as follows:
- 5K awards @ 9:00 AM
- Half Marathon awards @ 10:00 AM
- Marathon awards @ 11:00 AM
*we do not ship awards, so stick around enjoy a beer and cheer for your fellow runners while you wait.
Bikes are not allowed on the course.
Sorry, no bag drop. Suck it up, this is Whitefish, Montana, not Boston...
Yes! Free sandwiches and a beer for the runners and food trucks to purchase food for family, friends, and spectators!
We’re in the northwest corner of the state, near Glacier National Park.
- By Train: Amtrak eastbound from Seattle; westbound from Chicago.
- By Air: Delta, Northwest, Alaska/Horizon, Big Sky and America West all serve Glacier Park International Airport, just 15 minutes from Whitefish.
May in Whitefish, MT has an average high of 65⁰F and an average low of 38⁰F. We had a gorgeous day in 2019 but just in case, prepare for rain or possible snow (hey, it is Montana)